Friday, May 29, 2009

Let them Eat Cookies

I'm not saying I told you so, but as I'm the guy who pimped Cookie Monster last week, I think I deserve some credit here. A recent article in Time Magazine explains how US investigators used cookies to get Bin Laden's bodyguard to give up information in regards to the original 9/11 attacks. Abu Jandal, a man who struck fear into his own bodyguards, a man charged to put a bullet in Bin Laden's head rather than let him be taken alive, started to give in when investigators gave him cookies. Who says terrorists aren't a bunch of softies?

The long and short of it is, the first day he lectured interrogators on the evils of the West; he refused their offer of cookies and tea because of his diabetic condition. But then the next day, when he was offered sugar-free cookies, something that a diabetic could eat, he softened and started to sing like a bird. The article goes on to say there was some other interrogating sleight of hand used, but the cookies were the turning point.

Didn't I just tell you Cookie Monster is so cool because we can trust what he says. Who knew cookies could change the world.

IN OTHER NEWS: the Iranians are blaming the Americans and Israelis for an attack by gunmen outside the offices of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. They said, "Hire of the terrorists by the U.S. was verified based on investigation." Excuse me if I don't trust the Iranians' investigation and their obvious motives to blame all wrongs on everything US (read that as a pronoun and proper noun, please). Something tells me, the Iranians weren't using cookies in their investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment